Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 1 (31): To my brother... I love you | To all: You can have this change too!

Day 1 (31)
To My Brother, I love you.


WOD (Workout Of the Day) 130501
20 min AMRAP
10 Push ups
15 Sit Ups


**This one is a burner so make sure you don't gas yourself out in the first couple of rounds. Good form is better than trying to go fast. Good luck!**

Review

  • Please check out the original Day 1 of my blog for "The Setup". It is very important!

____

To My Brother, I Love You

Enough Said. This is for anyone that wants to feel proud of a friend or family member for their accomplishment. I am so proud of my brother that he reached his goal through this entire journey. Here is my gift for you, along with the entire program. Love you man. Congrats.




This letter was written on 2:03am, April 1st, 2013.

To Dek:

It’s barely even Day 1 and I’m already so proud of you. I know by the end of these next 30 days, you’re going to lose weight. You’re going to drop those LBs. You’ll feel lighter. You’ll be faster. Maybe not stronger yet, but what you’ll gain is what’s most important. You’re going to gain self-discipline. You’re going to gain self-control. Ambition. Respect. Confidence. Self-esteem. And I hope you’re going to gain, in the end, is a closer bond with your big Kuya.

I saw the goals you had written down and I realized I couldn’t help you with any of it. Not saying that you needed help, but as a big brother, the only thought I could think of was how could I help you reach any of these goals. I’ve always wanted to be a good brother, and for once, FOR ONCE give you an example for you to follow. If I couldn’t be one the past 26 years, I was for damn sure I was going to for the next 30 days. I thought long and hard about this; contemplating when I should make this program, why I should make this program, what I should call it and how to even do this. This program is going to be my gift for you. This program is going to be made for you. Even if you won’t read any of my blogs, they will always have something tied to you.

You’re going to feel sore every day. You’re going to hate spinach. You’re going to crave beer. You’re probably going to hate me when I eat Filiberto’s in front of you. But I already know, you’re going to stick with your commitment, and prove to yourself just how mentally tough you can be.

I’m so blessed to have met George, who gave me the stage to build this show for you to perform day in and day out. I hope we are all still there by the end of the 30 days and you are dropping weight like a monster. I’m blessed to have the friends we have had to keep you accountable, in check, motivated, competitive, and positive. I know they’ll be there for you through thick and thin (no pun intended). I’m blessed to have all these things manifest right before our eyes to allow me to create something to give to you, so that you can see how much I love you and truly care about your mind, body and soul unconditionally.

I already know when I’m reading this to you on May 1st, I’m going to be looking at my brother, at 190lbs. Skinnier. New haircut. More good looking. Probably cockier. I’m going to be looking at a young man who’s going to be graduating college. I’m going to be looking at the prime example of Project Sexy Summer.  It’s not about me. It was never about me. It’s you. You’re going to be the subject when they think of discipline and self control. They’ll think of you when they mention the paleo diet. They’ll think of you when they want to get sexy like Dek. They’ll think of you, just like I thought of you.

I know I’ll be so proud of you and I know you’ll probably get wasted shortly after this speech. But one thing I want you to know is that I’m extremely proud of you no matter what you do and what you will do. You earned every single gift. You earned every single day of the challenge. You earned every pound lost. I’ll be your number one fan and supporter of everything you (good) you do. I love you. Congratulations on graduating college and completing the 30 day challenge.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment