Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 1: The Setup [Project Sexy Summer - April 1st]

Day 1: April 1st
The setup.

Today is going to be all about setting up for success. It's time for a clean up. Today has nothing to do with diet. Nothing to do with exercise. Today is about building the foundation. Your foundation. I can't stress enough how important it is to change your attitude, mindset, and perception of your own world. It's powerful. It's possible. It's also... cliche. Right? Repetitive shit. You've seen it all before shit. But ask yourself, if it was easy to be at the best possible shape of your life, the happiest you've ever been, closer to your dreams than yesterday... then... wouldn't everyone be fuckin awesome? Time to turn on your beast mode.



You have to separate yourself from everyone else, and when I mean everyone, it's your world around you; your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. You're going to be one set the example, be the topic of conversation, and be someone else's inspiration/motivation. How fuckin amazing does that sound? You have the power to do it and when you do it, you can congratulate yourself and give yourself self all the credit for working hard for yourself.


The Setup: No diet changes today. No WOD (Workout Of the Day). Just do these things today to set you up for tomorrow and the next 4 weeks.

  • Cleanliness is next to Godliness
    • When I went to the Philippines there was a huge sign along to school walls where my mom went to school. I guess this is where I learned this. She used to have my brother and I clean the house every freakin Saturday and even though I hated cleaning when I was a kid, I realized how important it was to have a clean house. Cluttered house, cluttered mind. Clean up your living space. Even if it's one room. Your car. Your room. Bathroom. Clear your spot for a clear mind.
  • Create the best environment
    • If you look at your recently closed tabs on your browser, what would the last websites show? Facebook? Twitter? YouTube's of Justin Timberlake covers (guilty...)? Other than school work websites, if your recently close tabs are 50% social media, your brain is thinking about social media. Although it is healthy to keep tabs on "the world", there 's more out there. Check out your bookmarks, for example, on Google Chrome, you have a bookmark bar, lets fix that. Change your top 10 websites to ones keep you focus on being positive and productive. Surround yourself with things that help you dream, see things beautiful, motivate you, inspire you, and minimize your time at the computer. If you don't know what websites to check out... here are a few to get you started.
    • If you can't get away from social media, at least follow and like more accounts that have to do with self-improvement, productivity, motivation, and tips on how to level up.
  • Set a goal. Make it tangible.
    • Writing down your goals and affirmations is the best way of keeping yourself on track. Even if it's screenshotting a motivational quote on your iPhone lock screen, taping a piece of paper with goals to your bathroom window, taking a picture of yourself for "Day 1" half naked in your room... do whatever it takes. Set a goal. Make it realistic. Make it yours. Put it somewhere you'll see it everyday. When you surpass it, which you will at the end of this, you can scratch it off, erase it, or repost the next goal.
      • I will lose 10lbs this month
      • I'm going to run my first 5k
      • I'm going to start writing up my applications for grad school
      • I will learn 5 ways to cook chicken
      • I will learn my first olympic lift
  • Share the experience
    • I know the next 30 days, I'll have my brother right next to me. Share this 30-day project with a friend or family member, not only to show them your commitment to health and fitness, but to hold you accountable for your goals. Even though you are the one choosing to do this, choosing to wake up every day with an awesome mindset, choosing to get up and go to the gym, choosing to make your own meals, and choosing to look sexy as hell for the summer, it helps to have someone keep you in check. Maybe you might even want to do it with a significant other. See who can get sexier in 30 days haha. If you make this public, or share it with a few people, you don't want to look bad and give up easily, right?! Plus, you never know if someone wants to throw down at this 30 day challenge. Be a catalyst for someone looking for a reason to get up. Tell them this is the start of making IMpossible to I'Mpossible.



1 comment:

  1. Ran across your site and returning the favor. Lovin the message homie especially the setup and overall concept of Project Sexy Summer. I personally am a strong advocate of the Primal/Paleo lifestyle, and have seen the many benefits of it. Eat Clean, Train Dirty! Keep grinding!

    -CG 3.0

    ReplyDelete