Sunday, March 10, 2013

EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute) Workout

This type of workout is one of my favorite workouts to do in my WODs. EMOM stands for Every Minute On the Minute. This means at :00 you start the workout, maybe 5 reps at a certain weight, or even 1 rep of one exercise and 2 reps of another, and once completed you have until the next :00, or next minute, to repeat the same thing. I like doing strength training on these types of workouts because it limits my rest time and keeps my heart rate more constant as if I didn't have a time limit.

For this video, I wanted to work on power cleans from the ground to shelf position. I like the power clean because I work everything without sacrificing too much squat motion. I usually work on hang cleans and squat cleans with lighter weights to practice form.

Thanks to my bestie, Angelo, for capturing what I do when I use my home weights for a WOD. We tried to make it less manly, and more artsy fartsy haha.... I think it works! Thanks so much. Love you man. Passion.



EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute) for 12 minutes Power Cleans
Min 1-3 5 reps at 95#
Min 4-6 4 reps at 115#
Min 7-8 3 reps at 135#
Min 9-10 2 reps at 155#
Min 11-12 1 rep at 185#

*Min 13 PR (personal record) attempt at 205#*

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment