Friday, March 8, 2013

CrossFit Open 13.1 - First Attempt 20130308

THE CROSSFIT OPEN IS HERE! This is my first ever competition in the CrossFit games and I was so excited to compete in this. I waited til the clock was ticking down to see the workout, and when it hit 0:00:00, I was already furious as to why the workout didn't show up yet! Then I saw it...

Workout 13.1

17 AMRAP

40 Burpees
30 Snatches 75#

30 Burpees
30 Snatches 135#

20 Burpees
30 Snatches 165#

10 Burpees
AMAP Snatches 205#

.... 17 minutes?! WTF was David Castro thinking? After I saw the word SNATCH... I was so... heartbroken lol because I've never snatched more than 125# ONCE, last thursday. Snatch is probably my worst lift because I've never practiced it before. This was definitely going to be a challenge.

The way they score it is you count the number of total reps. Technically, I'm not going to get past the score of 100 since my 1RM snatch weight was 125#, and the second set of snatches for the 13.1 workout was 135#. This was going to be a mental game. I will rely on my technique and pray to God I was going to put the weight over my head (if I could) and stand up with the weight over my head.

This is the video submission of the 13.1 workout







Notes:
- I got done with the 40 burpees, 30 snatches at 75#, and 30 burpees with 7 minutes left. If you watch my video, you'll see that I FAILED snatching the 135# 6 times. It was so discouraging to see that weight not be able to be put up, and I was thinking I wanted to quit so bad. I wanted to stop trying after that 6th attempt.


This was the moment right before I put up that first 135# snatch at 15.02. I had my brother stay by my side and push me to my absolute limit. I put that weight up not once... but 3 MORE TIMES AFTER THAT. I don't know where I was mentally, but it was a zone where I felt supported, loved, calm, and determined... And with all that, I give all my thanks to my brother, Dek, and the people that were there around pushing me to my limit. CrossFit is about building a community and a family, and pushing yourself to the absolute limit. I felt the limit that day, with workout 13.1... Thank you, brother, this PR meant the most to me.

TIL NEXT WEEK. TIME TO LEVEL UP.











0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment