Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing ft. Florence Welch



I was a hater to this guy at first because of his rise to pop music, but I really enjoyed listening to Calvin Harris' album, "18 Months". I thought this song was just an amazing mix of simplistic instrumental choices mixed with the awesome songwriting of Florence (from Florence and the Machine). The vocals really make the climax of the song and I love the melody lines leading to the drop.

I also looked up Calvin Harris a little more and watched his videos, he has a very artsy approach on how he wants his videos shot... and I like it! Even though he has a different director every time the videos are always shot the same.

Not that big of a house/dubstep fan, but I think Calvin Harris' album has a bunch of hits to listen to. His other interlude songs have a lot of funk and shows the depth of his music influence.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment