Saturday, December 29, 2012

WOD 20121228

I know I personally hate when people level up when I'm not there. I don't believe it until I see it. I have to be there to see them hit their PR so I make sure they do it right and believe that they did what they said. And why am I like this? Because my cousin never believes that I do it when I hit PRs and do workouts haha So i decided to record all the workouts today to show him that I do the workouts. It's also a good way to see my own technique and hopefully get pointers from him and others who look at the blog. As Steven and I watched our videos we automatically show things we could instantly change in our form. Here was the WOD from today:

Part I:
Deadlifts
5/135#, 5/185#, 3/235#, 5/265#, 3/305#, 1/330# (PR)
** It's a 15lbs PR increase and I'm pretty happy about that. I'll post the video of my failed 350# deadlift my cousin did in his WOD ... I was pretty upset about not even being able to lift it off the ground. I think that set me off for the rest of the WODs haha

here are the attempts

2nd set - 5/185#


3rd set - 3/235#


4th set - 5/265#


5th set - 3/305#


6th set - 1/330#


failed attempt 350# haha



Part II:
For Time
11 Power Snatches @ 65#
50 Single Unders
11 KB Swings @ 30#
50 meter shuttle run
3 Bar Facing Burpees


Power Snatches @ 65#
50 Single Unders
8 KB Swings @ 30#
50 meter shuttle run
Bar Facing Burpees


Power Snatches @ 65#
50 Single Unders
5 KB Swings @ 30#
50 meter shuttle run
Bar Facing Burpees

Pacing the 50 meters

WOD





I finished at 4mins 41 seconds. In my video you can see I was so frustrated at my single unders. The power snatches really messed up my shoulders to do them. The shuttle run after those KBS made my legs feel like absolute shit, no wonder my cousin programmed it this way haha this was definitely an awesome WOD, My friend steven also did it, but modified his snatches for clean and press because of his inability to be flexible haha he clocked in at 5mins 47 seconds.


Part III:
OH (Overhead) Squat
5/65#, 5/75#, 3/85#, 5/105#, 3/120#, 1+/140# (I did 3, only cause I saw my cousin's blog that he did 135#, i wanted to show him I wasn't lying haha)

4th set - 5/105#


5th set - 3/125#


6th set - 3/140#




Part IV:
3 Rounds for Time
Row 250 meters
15 HSPU (Hand Release Push Up)



I clocked in at 3mins 56seconds. I slowed down on my third round of rowing so I wasn't too happy about it. The push ups went unbroken and I had a woman next to me so it helped me push the pace cause she was beasting it too haha Steven clocked in at 4mins 52seconds. I was upset I didn't record the whole WOD because I had no memory left... but you can see the pace I was going at



Part V:
Cashout
15 Ab mat sit ups
10 weighted situps w 25# plate
Tricep Rope Extension Drop Set: 5/60-50-40-30-20 (25 reps total)

Notes:
- First off, this is my first time video taping a WOD and other sets. I feel like I should be doing this all the time, but I hate being 'that guy' who has a camera all the time. Plus I don't know the policy at the gym.
- Part I: I tried doing the 350# as my 6th set but I couldn't even lift the bar off the ground. Slowly but surely! I just tried to match my cousin haha I'll take the 15lbs PR tho.
- Part II: I think olympic lifting has been my favorite part of the whole Crossfit experience. After looking at the video, I still see some improvements I need to do on my snatches but for the most part the worst part was going from movement to movement... I felt like shit after the WOD.
- Part III: I didn't realize we had to do an OVERHEAD squat for the next set so I was pissed when I re-read the WOD haha as a token of my appreciation for this, I tried to 1-up my cousin for once in my life and do a little heavier on the overhead squat. I like doing the OH squat in the cage because of the safety bars and it gives me confidence to push the weight. I hope it looks as good as I think on video.
- Part IV: I hate rowing for time, period.
- Part V: I hate sit ups. I didn't do the AMAP like my cousin did just because I hate anything abs. i shit bagged the weight sit ups too

Overall, I hope my cousin is proud. It's the top reason why I filmed it, but I'm also glad I did because I can see my technique. I got wasted last night and didn't get to post in time. So I'm looking forward to doing today's WOD a little later tonight after I watch Skyfall. WOO!



0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment