Wednesday, December 26, 2012

WOD 20121226 2nd session

2nd session WOD taken from The Embed again. Check it out for his times and notes.

Part I:
Treadmill
for 20mins @ 1% incline
1-5mins: 6.0mph
5-10mins: 6.3mph
10-15mins: 6.6mph
15-17mins: 7.0mph
17-19mins: 7.5mph
19-20mins: 8.0mph

Total: 2.12miles


Part II:
5 Rounds for time
5 Pull-ups
15 Abmat Push Throughs
10 Air Squats
5 High Upright Rows w/30# Dumbbells
50 Single-Unders

finished in 6mins 52sec

Part III:
Cashout
AMAP HRPUs
- 31 HRPUSs
6 pistols - 3 each leg



Notes:
I did change clothes I swear. I just have 3 Tough Mudders shirts I copped at Nov 2011 TM in Englishtown, NJ haha
- Part I: I was surprised that I even lasted the entire run without stopping (usually with my cousin's pace I'm lagging behind begging to slow down haha). In order to keep myself at an unbroken pace, I started at 6.0. I felt good even after 15 minutes so I decided to try and catch up by increasing by 0.5mph than my cousin's Rx 0.3 mph. I wanted to break 2 miles at the very least. It also helped that my girlfriend Alice was running beside me completing the Part I with me. It was good motivation to not break my run to feel like a man and not embarrass myself haha
- Part II: All I kept thinking about was, "fuck my cousin is going to beat my time". He used to always make me go first to set the standard so HE could always beat my time. I think this time seeing his times pushed me more to go at a faster pace and clocking in 6 seconds faster. The parts that slowed me down were the single-unders. I went unbroken for 50 reps only one round so I could've at least went under 6:45 if I went unbroken for all 5 single-unders. My weakest part was my Push throughs because I have no ab strength whatsoever. I did sets of 5 and took a deep breath as a rest after round 3. Would've made you proud, Kuya!
- Part III: Hand release push ups... I counted 31, but the last two looked like the beginnings of the reverse worm bboy move. I wanted to break 30 at least, so hopefully reps 30 and 31 reverse worm movement-like HRPU's count as one haha.... pistols are my favorite, looking forward to doing those in a WOD (hint*)
- I think I had the extra energy for the run and WOD because of the small meal I had about 2 hours before. It was a homemade angel hair with garlic/onions/tomatoes/full bag of spinach with italian seasoning. I put some baked salmon (lemon/parsley seasoning) and a shit load of pecans and walnuts (thanks Rich Froning Jr haha). It definitely gave that extra energy for that gylcolytic burn i needed.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment