Saturday, September 7, 2013

FUNning!! || WOD 130909


[Geoff]
Who or What is FUNning?
According to the official FUNning Facebook, it's an online blog/organization created to promote Christianity and Fitness. One of its page admins, Rodrigo Ortiz, who I've met several times with my brother, is an extrodinary person which crazy energy and positive vibes. If you see the links, he is tatted up and has the balls to get a Ryu cartoon AND a Captian Ameria Sheild tattooed on his body. He's bad ass, u all about bringing unknown fitness events, boxes, and people to a bigger platform. It's amazing because I follow his Instagram, @funning, and he attend every Spartan Race, all the Tough Muders, Rave Runs, ROC Races, and other unknown events that I would have never heard of if it wasn't for FUNning. Anyway, that's my quick litle blog about them. Check it out! Let's get to training.

WOD 130909

Skills
12 Rounds of
1 MU + 2 Ring Dip
then
12 Rounds of
1 Bar MU + 2 T2B
**rest as long as needed to stay UB (unbroken)

Strength
Snatch Grip Pulls 7x3

MetCon
5 Rounds For Time
7 Back Squat 185#/85#
7 KBS 70#/35#
then
30 Wall Balls 20#

[Geoff]
MUs + Ring Dips: 4:17
** I did as many as I could and got 6 reps before letting go. I actually only did 1 dip because the first dip doesn't count. Thanks to Tran and George for keeping me accountable for that. I did 6 extra dips at the last rep**
Bar MUs: 4:30+
** Those definitely hurt my hands. I only did one by one but I tried to do them every 20-25 seconds. I think I have the ugliest bar MUs in the country so I'm not so proud of it. I should definitely start practicing the entire motion because I use my left side as my crutch to get me up. Tran did his perfectly and it was good to have him so I could keep a good pace. No misses on either skill.
** The MetCon was freakin terrible. It was all mental. I knew Arvin was pushing it, so just to be an asshole I decided to up it by 10# and hoping to still beat his time. The KBS were all UB and broke up the squats 4-3 for rounds 2-4. It was all about good breathing and good pacing without gassing out.

12 Rounds of 1 MU + 2 Dips

WOD 130909 Snatch Grip Pull 185# Warm Up
WOD 130909 Snatch Grip Pull 225# Warm Up

WOD 130909 Snatch Grip Pull 275# Attempt 1 (LOL love you Arvin)
WOD 130909 Snatch Grip Pull 275# Set 1
WOD 130909 Snatch Grip Pull 275# Set 2
MetCon (video unfinished)

[Arvin]
MUs + Ring Dips: 5:20
** I wasn't sure how this WOD was going to be because I am notoriously bad at dips. If you couldn't tell before I always skip the dip on my MUs. A lot of the guys think I do it out of pure strength, that is partly the reason but I also do it because I hate dipping. I decided to approad it like an EMOM and do 2 Reps a minute, should of gone for 3.**


Bar MUs: 3:50 ish
** I didn't have a pull up bar so I had to stick with the rings, even though my MUs were harder my T2B are actually easier because of the swinging. I hit 1 round per every 20 secs exactly.


255# Snatch Grip Pulls

** I don't have a video of the metcon but it took me a little over 14 mins. My HBBS is still relatively weak so the squats were very difficult me. I broke them up after the first set at 4-3. The KBs is what really killed my back, I only had a 32KG KBs so I did 8 reps instead of seven. Really had to push myself on this one, won't be WODing until Tuesday!  Going to Philly to support my girlfriend in the Philly Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Donated Blood yesterday, so I felt kinda hesitant doing the muscle ups by stretching my arm like that, but after a while it felt normal again.
    Bar MU's and dips- 5:32
    Bar MU's and T2Bs-5:44
    Hands hurt. OW!!

    Snatch Grip Pulls- 230# (how the hell did you guys do 255?!)

    MetCon-did squats at 155# because I didn't wanna overexert myself. still did the 70# KBS. Time-15:07

    ReplyDelete