Saturday, September 7, 2013

Who is Dmitri Klokov? || WOD 130908

@klokovd

If you're reading this blog and you have no idea who this Russian mammoth is, then you have obviously never gotten hot and bothered by a person's show of strength and power. Dmitri Klokov was introduced to me when I started following the CrossFit Outlaw blog religously. The author and owner of the box is even more obsessed with him. The more he mentions Klokov in his blogs the more interested I was in 'who the fuck is this guy'. Come to find out Dmitri has higher PR numbers than me... when he was 14 years old.  Look... just fucking YouTube this demigod because he is a freakin inspiration to me and a nice kick in the butt to get back into my strength/Olympic lifting cycle with my boys. The reason why I like him? Do I want to be able to run marathons and 10Ks with ease and look like an Ethipoean? Or do I want to strive to look like a third of Klokov and pick heavy shit off the ground like a man? I just want to look good naked man and be strong. Straight up. Let's get to work.... okay, I lied, after one Klokov video.



WOD 130908

OLY
15 Mins to establish heavy Hi-Hang Clean & Push Jerk (No misses, just technique at high weight)
Rest 2 minutes then
5 Min EMOM of 3 Hi Hang Clean to Jerk UB (Unbroken)

Strength
HBBS 5x5 75% 1RM, then 1x2 85% 1RM

MetCon
5 Rounds for time
50 DUs
15 Burpees
5 Power Cleans at 155#/75#
Rest 1:1 (example: if you completed one round in 2:13, then rest for 2:13)


[Geoff]
Hi-Hang Clean & Jerk 205#
Hi Hang Clean PR 225# x2
EMOM @ 175#

HBBS 5x5 @ 215#, 1x2 @ 245#, 1x2 @ 265#

MetCon Score: 22:08, rounds 2-5 @ 185# Clean
** When you see on the video you'll see how mad I got when I couldn't jerk the 225#. I guess my shoulders were a little shot from yesterday's shoulder heavy workout. I could get under fast enough it's just my shoulders couldn't hold it. My listed PR for back squat is 270#. I'm proud of it... but 75% was only 202# or something, so I wanted the gainz and hit 215# for the 5 sets. 85% of my 1RM is 229# so I wanted gainz and went for 245#. It felt easier than I thought and actually had Bbrain as a spot. Two reps was not a problem. So I was feelin myself a little and put on 265#, this is over 95% of my 1RM... Hit it while turning super sayin on the way up on rep one... I KNOW my 1RM has gone higher. I'm ready for it.

The MetCon wasn't so bad because of the 1:1 rest time. I decided to up the weight to 185# because 1) I finished the first round in 1:15 and 2) Tran and George just put on the weight while I was doing my burpees lol. Then I averaged about 2:30-2:45  a round. I kept my rest time for the power cleans under 10 seconds, paced out my burpees without breaks, and always tried to do at least 20-25 DUs in my first set. First set of DUs were UB. The WOD was a burner for sure. It was long, but the gainzzzzz tho.***

Geoff Hi Hang Clean & Jerk 175#
Geoff Hi Hang Clean & Jerk 185#
Geoff Hi Hang Clean & Jerk 205#
Geoff Hi Hang Clean & Jerk 225# Fail
Geoff Hi Hang Clean & Jerk 225# Attempt 1
Geoff Hi Hang Clean & Jerk 225# Attempt 2
Geoff HBBS 1x2 @ 265# (cutoff)

[Arvin]
Hi-Hang Clean 165#
EMOM at 125#
HBBS 195#
Metcon 41:20
I am not very familiar with hi hang clean, in fact I had never really done it before. Low numbers but I know I will get those number up! I took forever on the metcon, I am horribly bad at DU and I could only string 4 max. I also jump really high because I am very inefficient at them, so I get really tired pretty fast. Just gotta keep practicing them! Anyways here are the vids.
145#
155#
165#
175# fail
195# HBBS 5x5



1 comment:

  1. I'm a day behind you guys because i took monday off, and yesterday I ran and did fitness tests for my exercise physiology class.

    I realized when i was doing the Hi-Hang Clean n Jerk how much of a bad idea it was to have two days off in a row, and probably not eating as much yesterday because i was DEAD. The heavy Hi clean n Jerk I got was 177# :(

    My legs were still sore from the other day so doing the HBBS was pissing me off because I was so weak today. I seriously almost quit then realized you guys would be disappointed in me! I did 155# for the 5x5 and 175 for the 1x2

    I tried to pick it back up on the MetCon though and did it in 24:12. I actually hit some of the DU's too!!

    ReplyDelete