Thursday, February 21, 2013

3 Part WOD 20130221

With only a few hours of sleep last night I'm happy I even got thru the workout today. I was lucky enough to go with my brother, Dek, because he stepped his game up today, which made me level up today too! I was originally going to only do two parts for the WOD today but I was definitely pushed to do the WOD he did last night with Steven Tran "The Truth". Let's just say having a partner (that wants to better themselves or compete with you) to workout with is the best way to level up. With that being said...

Part I:
Cycle 5k warm up pace @ 8 resistance
Finished 7mins 31 seconds

Part II:
Overhead Squat 5/5/5/5/5
100/105/115/115/135(fail)/135

Part III:
EMOM (Every Minute On The Minute) for 10 minutes
2 Power Cleans @ 140# [Last sent at 165#]
2 Muscle-Ups

Part IV:
AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) in 15 minutes
10 Kettle bell swings @ 55#
10 box jumps 24"
10 dips

I completed 8 rounds +10 KBS, +2 box jumps

Notes:
Part I: I think I finally got the correct height adjustment on the bike. My crotch didn't hurt this time haha my brother is a serious problem with the bike and row machine... I think he did like 8 miles in my 5k haha
Part II: The overhead squat felt real good. I think I could've gotten maybe 150 for 3 reps. It keeps me hopeful because that means my snatch CAN be at least 135 if I practiced enough! Just waiting for the bumper plates.
- My brother was doing 2 UNASSISTED pull ups in between my sets which fuckin awesome cause a month ago he couldn't do 5 pull ups. He can do 20 in 10 minutes now which is unheard of. PROPS.
- Part III: The EMOM was awesome, I made sure that it was a weight both my brother and I could do. Next EMOM I definitely want to at least do body weight and increase every 3 minutes. But the muscle ups definitely shocked my body. I'm glad I still had the movement in me. busted out 20!
- Part IV: I'm still dizzy and nauseated typing this from this met-con. I was so focused during this WOD all I heard were my brother's words and my breath. I don't remember anyone around me and the huge ass blister I got during this WOD. All I knew was that had to beat Steven's score (7 rounds+) and Dek's score (6 rounds+). I was determined... and I got it. WOO. Off to tonight's WOD if anyone's down.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment