Friday, February 22, 2013

Plantar Fasciitis and my morning WOD 20130222

Officially woke up with what I believe is plantar fasciitis. I could barely walk on right foot, taking gambit out was extremely painful so I just wanted to verify the symptoms online and YUP, Dr Google says it's plantar fasciitis. I've felt this before when I did Tough Mudder back in 2011. I definitely tried to avoid some running into the WOD today so I could just stretch out my calves and kinda take it easy on my feet.

Plantar Fasciitis - click there for quick review

WOD 20130222

Part I:
Mobility Training - 15 minutes
Stretch. Foam Roll. Breath.

Part II:
Shoulder Press 5/5/3/5/3/1+
95/105/110/115/120/125(Fail)/120 (2 reps)

Part III:
7 Minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible)
5 Push Press @ 95#
7 Pull ups
9 Med ball cleans @ 20#

I finished with 5 rounds +2 push presses

Part IV:
Cashout
50 GHD situps
**Unable to walk, so just foam rolled rest for another 15 minutes


Notes:
- My foot really hurt me this morning so I was hoping for some comfort or ease from the pain by noon. Not really. It actually kept my form great for shoulder press cause I didn't move my feet at all. I felt my core  a little shaky by the 115# press which means I'm engaging in my core more! I feel like I can get a higher 1RM on shoulder press in a few weeks!
- Part III- I knew my PF foot acted up again because of the coming down portion of the pull ups. It really started hurting more than this morning so I knew I had to take it easy on that.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment