Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spartan Sprint 2013 - Arizona

Had an awesome time with my boys, Arvin, BBrain, and Dek, as we did the Spartan Sprint they held in Arizona. It was a 4.7 mile trail/obstacle course that was just freakin terrible! My knees and ankles definitely had a beating and the hot tub was calling our names that night. Some of the  memorable obstacles were the 6 then 7 and 8 foot wall we had to climb over. I was proud of my performance that I only had to do burpees at one station which was the spear throw (not completing a station, burpees are the penalty). The water was actually close to freezing and I felt the calves cramp up around mile 4. It was the first time I've ever felt a cramp on my calves so it was pretty scary. I stretched it out and kept good form so I wouldn't destroy my legs. I finished the last 0.7 miles strong rolling around in the rock filled mud with barbed wire.

Overall, TEAM WETNESS, who consisted of my friends plus three of Arvin's Tucson friends, who are all elite athletes too, finished with an average time of 1:20:00! The average for the entire race was about 1:30:00-2:00:00! Each of us were in the top 1% of our age, gender, and overall. HOW AWESOME! I'm excited to sign up for the Super Spartan which will be about 8-9 miles in Vegas. I'm definitely going to train for this event and incorporate more running in my workouts.





















0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment