Monday, February 18, 2013

Squats w 'Grace' - WOD 20130218

After feeling under the weather (again) this past weekend, I wanted to wake up my legs and get the blood flowing through my body again. I was excited to hear that my brother, Dek, hit up "Linda" again and beasted it in 26 mins! Not Rx'd but still a hell of an effort! Definitely motivated me to get some rest and get better to take on a girl today.

On another note, I got my CrossFit level 1 cert today in the mail!!



WOD 20130218

Part I:
Row for distance in 5 mins
Run total meters rowed

Part II:
Back Squat
5-5-5-5-5

Part III:
Girl WOD "Grace"
30 Clean & Jerks at 135# for time



Notes:
- Part I: I ended up get 960 meters so I ran a little over half a mile on the treadmill. This was a good wake up and heart rate starter for the rest of the WODs.
- Part II: My weights were 185/195/215/225/245(fail)/235. I got 2 reps on the 245# but failed on the third rep. The shame of dropping the weight on the safety is never a good thing but I definitely didn't want to drop down to too much weight so I kept it at 235# which I got 5 great reps on. I was definitely giving it 110% on reps 4 and 5 so I felt I did well on those sets.
- Part III: I finished at 7mins and 31secs. I did great on the first 11 reps, busting out 3-3-3-2. Then I felt myself taking longer breaks. My legs were starting to feel like butter from the squats. I was okay with my time, but I calculated it, and if I did 1 clean and jerk every 10 seconds, I would've gotten 30 reps in 5 minutes HAHA maybe I should try that first. I gassed out way too long and I think I shouldve paced myself better than that.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment