Friday, February 15, 2013

Active shoulders! - WOD 20130215

Man, was I FEELING it from yesterday's workout. My legs are totally dead and my forearms haven't felt that sore in awhile. That being said I wanted to try and focus on some shoulder focused workouts for my met-con. I wanted to include a power workout of shoulder/push press but my grip was absolutely dead. But here it is:

WOD 20130215

Part I:
Row at recovery pace 5 mins
Finished with 986meters

Part II:
3 rounds for time
1/2/3/4/5
Pull up/HSPU (Handstand push up)/Power Clean #115
Rest 2 mins between rounds

4:19/4:27/4:14

Part III:
10 rounds
00:15 handstand position



Notes:
- Part I: I definitely was feeling the burn in my body during the row. I wanted to keep a good pace, at least over 31 speed (whatever the units for that machine are) and keep good distance.
- Part II: This one was a great way for my to practice my breathing and keep a good pace. I was surprised I did these all under 4:30. I was hoping to break 4 minutes, esp on the last set. I think I was so pissed I was going to go over 4:30 on the second set, I gave it my all for the last set. I was already gassed out, so it was awesome giving that last push for the round.
- Part III: This part actually took the longest. I was trying to hold the bottom position without the wall then go straight into the handstand push up. I watched a video on CrossFit journal to fix my form and improve my technique so I hoping that would help. My shoulders were burning and I tried doing at least 3 HSPU after holding the handstand for 15 seconds. going to go for 20 seconds next week!

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment