Thursday, January 31, 2013

WOD 20130131

Glad I got off work early so I could get in a 5 part WOD at LA fitness. I went solo tonight but luckily I ran into a fellow CrossFitter at the gym. We exchanged tips (mostly him giving me tips) and I actually am excited to visit his boy's non-official box in Tempe. I got to stretch on rings he brought as he practiced his dips and handstands and just exchanged little challenges after my workout.

WOD 20130130

Part I:
Row 800m
Recovery Pace
20 lunges each leg
stretch

Part II:
Shoulder Press then High Pull
5-5-5-5-5
95/105/110/115/125*(fail)/115

Part III:
4 Rounds for times
Run 0.25 miles
8 pull ups
6 push ups
4 burpees
2 toe 2 bar
I finished at 10min 13seconds

Part IV:
DO NOT put the bar down
AMAP Strict Shoulder Press at 65# 21 reps
AMAP Push Press at 65# 6 reps
AMAP Split Jerk at 65# 8 reps
Score is sum of all reps.
35 reps total

Part V:
Rowing machine
As far as you can go in 5mins
1166 meters 




Notes:
- Part II: I had a little soreness in my mid back from the deadlifts from the WODs earlier in the week. I did my best to keep my core tight but I was too unsteady to touch my PR of 120#. I'll try to hit it next time during a 5/5/3/5/3/1 set!
- Part III: I actually hauled ass on this one. Steven had a time of 10:19 and that was definitely my goal to match his score. Around 8:30 mark, I saw I wasn't going to make it so I pumped the treadmill to 10mph LOL. I think I can get a better time if I had a track. This is definitely something to keep in mind if I have no other place to go!
- Part IV: The shoulder presses absolutely killed me, I'm so stupid to keep going but it was just my grip that let me only do so little push presses and split jerk. I was mad I only could do push press so I tried to make up for the split jerk. I was dying.
- Part V: I WAS DYING. end of story. props to my brother for beating me in the row. he was made to row. I definitely wasnt. Def gotta work on that. Thinking of putting a WOD with handstand push ups and rowing. hmm!!

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment