Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WOD 20130122

I had enough energy to get this WOD in after work. My knees were a little sore coming to the gym since I've been on my feet all day. I had my brother, Dek, and Steven do the WOD at LA fitness earlier and they posted their times. When they told me their scores, it definitely motivated me to go to the gym after work (I was going to bitch out because I was tired from work). I was so proud of my brother so I definitely wanted to make him proud and stick to my word and getting the workout done.


Part I:
4 rounds
250m row
10 HRPU
Finished 6mins 13secs

Part II:
Back Squat at challenging weight
5/5/3/5/3/1
185/195/215/225/235*/250

Part III:
For Time
25 Toes to Bar
1 Muscle Up
20 T2B
2 Muscle Ups
15 T2B
3 Muscle Ups
10 T2B
4 Muscle Ups
5 T2B
5 Muscle Ups
Finished 10mins 15seconds

Part IV:
3 Rounds AMAP
Back squat at BW 155#
Push ups
10 squats/25 push ups, 10/31, 9/35

Part V:
Cashout
100 65# thrusters
Finished 11mins 46seconds



Notes
- Part I: I know it wasn't for time, and only a warm up, but I wanted to pick up the pace a little bit and get my heart rate going. Having a mirror at the gym also kept me conscious on my form. It was a bit awkward having the cleaning dude vacuum around me during the row and push up haha
- Part II: I didn't think I was going to gas out at that weight so fast. I failed the 5th rep at 235#. I failed at the 5th rep of the 4th set a few days ago on front squat so I hope it's not a mental trend going on haha Also, after reviewing the tape, I didn't go below 90 degrees on my 250# rep so that is a "NO REP".
- Part III: I didn't think my core would feel so SORE. Even after pacing myself (10 T2B each time), I ended up only doing like 2 or 3 at a time for T2B and a single Muscle Up for each rep. My core was definitely engaged and I had a lot of struggling on my MUs. I'm just glad I finished the met-con doing all the movements correctly.
- Part IV: Resting 3 minutes between each set helped my body recover just enough to always come close to matching my AMAP. I figured for the 3rd set was so high on the push ups because I knew I wasn't going to have to do a push up motion after that, so I just went balls to the wall.
- Part V: This was absolutely terrible, and I wish no one this cashout part of the WOD. I started pacing myself with 10 thrusters each, but by rep 50, I ended up doing 5 reps at a time. I tried keeping my rests no longer than 45 seconds which made doing 5 thrusters at a time so terrible. My lower back felt absolutely tight as well. I definitely looked funny walking out the gym. It was even more embarrassing walking down the stairs normal.
- Overall: I thought this was an amazing workout for my core. My legs definitely got its fair share of work, but keeping the core tight and midline stable was definitely the key to surviving and making good time with the WOD.

Back Squat 4th set @ 225#

Back Squat 5th set @ 235#

Back Squat 6th set @ 250#

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment