Monday, January 14, 2013

WOD 20130114

WOD 20130114

Felt good coming back to the gym after being out for over a week from the flu. It got so bad that I called out of work last week and I never call out of work. I'm glad I took those days to rest and try not to go out and just focus on getting better. I was still a little sore from the CrossFit Level 1 class over the weekend haha programming my own workouts now will be fun but I'll also try to borrow some WODs from other boxes and the CrossFit.com website.

Part I:
Run 800m
200 single unders

Part II:
5 rounds for time
5 bench press @ BW (body weight) 155#
7 box jumps 30"
9 med ball clean @ 16#

I finished at 8mins 37 seconds

Part III:
Strict shoulder press
5(95#)/5(100#)/3(105#)/5(115#)/3(120#) 1+(125#)
**I ended up push pressing the first 125# rep then doing 1 solid one after

Part IV:
EMON (Every Minute On the Minute) for 10 minutes
3 Power Cleans @ BW (Body weight) 155#
1 Muscle Up

Part V:
Cashout
Pyramid 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 reps
T2B (Toe 2 Bar)
Air squats

Notes
- Part I: I hate running. I was going to go for a mile but I remembered how much I hated it haha so I just did single unders instead
- Part II: I haven't benched in a bit so this was a little challenging for me, which was great because I hoped to feel like shit after this met-con. Going from box jumps to the med ball clean really hurt my legs haha but I feel like I could shave a couple more seconds and get under 8mins 30seconds if I warmed up a little more. Maybe if i had a spotter I would go to like 165# or even 170#... There are no real med balls at my Globo Gym so I improvised and used the medicine balls they had and made sure I practiced good technique.
- Part III: I know my boy Arvin teased me about not having doing these correctly, so I made sure I yelled out his name after each last rep of the round haha it sounds like a grunt to most people since I just emphasize the "ARRRR" part haha I did go up in weight with that shoulder press so I'm pretty happy about that
- Part IV: This couplet made me feel like shit afterwards. I really tried to focus on keeping good form for this one. I was mainly concerned about my deadlift stance which I kept my feet under my hips... I realized I always kept my knees outside my hips which gave me NO power to bring that weight up before. The 155# felt fairly difficult to pull up, it wouldve been a lot nicer without the muscle ups, but I guess that's why I programmed it haha I felt like I could do 2 muscle ups each round, so I'll keep that in mind.
- Part V: I have no fuckin idea why I did this as my cool down, aka cashout, part of my workout. But I went unbroken until the second 8reps of the pyramid. I broke up the 8-7 reps and went unbroken for the rest of the rounds. Practicing good squat technique was the main goal for this one and finding the groove and swing on my T2B was also a priority.
- I'm feelin good after the workout. Can't wait to workout with my brother and whoever wants to join in the activities tonight haha



0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment