Thursday, January 24, 2013

WOD 20130123

I was lucky enough to go home early from work and catch a quick workout before my class tomorrow morning. My quads felt so tight the whole day today and I was dreading picking anything up off the ground. I should've used the foam roller more and done more stretching after.

Part I:
Run 800m
Every 200m increase speed (6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5)

Part II:
Triplet Ladder. AMRAP in 7 minutes
Bench @ 155 / Box jump 30" / Kettlebell Swing @ 35#
1 (bench) -3 (box jumps) -5 (KBS)
2-4-6
3-5-7
4-6-8
5-7-9
6-8-10
7** I stopped at rep 2 of the bench press

Part III:
Split Jerk

2-2-2-2-2-2-2 for total load, alternating feet
135-145-150-155-160-165-170

Part IV:
4 rounds for time
25 GHD sit ups
25 air squats
I finished at 8mins 47 seconds

Notes:
- Part I: I think I'm going to try to run a 5k straight on a treadmill without stopping with this technique. Other than that, I only ran half a mile to get the legs loose and to help with my stretching
- Part II: I definitely wanted to do a bench press today somehow and this definitely helped press my body weight at a high intensity. I felt the little tweak in my left shoulder (the one that I hurt about 6 months ago) and I was just hoping to God it wasn't going to blow haha there would be no one to spot me. I kept the box jumps and KBS unbroken which was cool. I'm going to do something like this ladder for future reference either for time or AMRAP.
- Part III: I enough the split jerk because it gives me confidence that I can clean and jerk a heavier weight in the future. I hit my 90% 1RM split jerk weight which was what I was aiming for. I think I'll wait for my bumper plates to go any higher in weight. I was pleased with my technique for this part of the WOD.
- Part IV: The GHD got my abs swollen after this WOD. I originally didn't want to time this but I haven't done a WOD with a GHD movement yet so I thought this would be a good start. The squats were a good break from the GHDs but I started feeling a little tweak around my lower back, erector muscles ish, so I'm hoping that's normal when you do fast reps on the machine.

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment