Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Late Night WOD 20130115

Just got out of work a little early, which gave me some energy left to workout. I had something written out before that was similar to the WOD (Workout of the Day) I programmed for my brother. Since I had some time at work to not think about work, I decided to find some CrossFit apps. I found a nice app called iPR, which logs my 1RM, CrossFit benchmark girl times, and a simple log for any other exercises I decide to add. It was only $0.99 so I decided to make the investment in myself to keep myself in check. I ended up going to the gym around 12:30 am and met up with my brother to work on his deadlift technique and see his 165# 2RM push press! WOW! I can't do that at all so I was so impressed I had to see it for myself. It was definitely the truth, and I was very jealous haha It was tough to try and teach and fix his deadlift in 3 minutes since he had to go and I had to workout... but I know he has it in him to blow past his deadlift PR of 255#. Can't wait to see him skyrocket to 405# EASY!


Late night WOD 20130115

Part I:
Deadlift - 5/5/3/5/3/1+
185#/225#/245#/275#/285#/295#/315#(fail)/315#
**had to try 315# again, didn't want to leave without picking up 3 plates at least once**

Part II:
Hero WOD "Bradley"
10 Rounds for Time:
100m run
10 pullups
10 burpees
30 second rest

I finished in 15mins 20seconds

Part III:
Push press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2
95#/105#/115#/135#/155#/165#/175#/185#(fail)
** you'll see in the video below I actually ended up doing a push jerk for the 175# smh**

Part IV:
Cashout
3 rounds with 5 minute cap
10 T2B
10 Hand Release Push Up

Notes:
- Part I: My back was a little sore from yesterday's 2 a day. I felt a little tight from the cleans I did with the muscle up WOD. I felt a lot better with my form ever since the Level One class and I hope to keep great form as I go higher in weight. I plan to break my PR with the best form ever!
- Part II: The hero WOD wasn't too bad since it was mostly gymnastic type moves. I researched the WOD online to link it to my page and realized there was ANOTHER 100 meter run in the WOD smh. Fuck me. I used the iPR app to to searched through WODs I could do today that didn't have weightlifting in it. I saw the scores and I saw that mine was significantly lower than some top performers, but then I realized that it was fucking missing another 100m run. damnit. I will redeem myself and do it again another time.
- Part III: I actually realized I push jerked than kept a straight push press. I guess I was so souped on trying to beat my brother that I didn't care as long as I put up more weight than him. I did, but it definitely wasn't a strict push press. I'll work on that later this week or next week. Good job, Dek, if you ever read this shit (probably not, but I'm still proud of you).
- Part IV: I did this to keep pace with my breathing and recovery. I did the Toe 2 Bars unbroken which I was happy about, and made sure I did it under that 5 minute time limit cap.
- Overall, I feel great, my body is getting tight only because it's so fucking cold in my apartment (it is 55 degrees in my apartment SMFH). I guess we're too lazy to call the heater guy so i'll be paying for this in the morning as my back and legs are crying.

Summary

iPR app showing Hero WOD "Bradley" smh

DL 285#


DL 295#

DL 315# Failed Attempt

DL 315#

Push Press/Jerk 165#

Push Jerk 175#

Push Jerk 185# Failed Attempt


0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment