Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 17: Local AZ Races to Register For!

Day 17
"Local Arizona Races To Register For!"


WOD
130417
Rest Day

**Check out the mobility blog I posted a few days ago to help recover and restart your muscles for the next 3 days of WODs! www.mobilityWOD.com**

___

Quick Review
Clean Up. Eat up. Throw down (not throw up haha). Get weight down. Tell a friend around. How's that sound? Dr. Seuss, what's good.

__

Local Arizona Races To Register For!



From Day 1, setting up success is as easy as thinking it, then saying it, then doing it. Writing down affirmations and goals is the key to physically keep your mind in check. A good way to keep motivated is to have a tangible goal at the end (or checkpoint), so that you have something to work towards. The following below are a bunch of races is MAY you can register for. These are 5K races, or 3.11 miles, where you can either walk or run, going thru obstacles or run straight, do it for fun or do it for charity. Either way, you're going for a good cause... yourself!

Few of my friends register for races months a head of time to remind us to keep staying at a level of fitness so that when race time comes, we don't lag behind the pack. I was fortunate enough to have my cousin, Kuya Don, put me through the worst of them all, the Tri-State Tough Mudder in the middle of November 2010. I've done Race for the Cure for my Kuya's mom (breast cancer survivor, bless her soul) and Kidney Walks for my good friend and successful recording artist, David Rush. I loved the feeling of showing off my fitness at these races as well as bring my friends along for the journey. It was important to me to keep training months before the Tough Mudder began because of how in-shape my cousin and his friends were. There were days I absolutely hated working out and going to the gym, but at the end of the day, I was better than I was walking in, which helped me keep up with the 8 other marines.

The follow links are races YOU can sign up for in May. There are other races in June you can participate and I'll post a few. If you want a goal, here it is! Work hard, race hard! The link to the official websites are on the titles of the events. Good luck! And congrats ahead of time!

____


Dr. Gann's Diet of Hope Cinco de Mayo 10K
When: Sunday, May 5, 2013 @ 7:000AM
Where: Tucson, AZ


4miles 4mom Race
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013
Where: Rio Vista Recreation Park

Neon Splash Dash
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 7:00AM
Where: Scottsdale, AZ

Run for the Thirsty
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 7:00AM
Where: Phoenix, AZ

Bubble Run
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 9:00 AM
Where: Phoenix, Arizona

The Night Run
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 8:00PM
Where: Scottsdale, Arizona

Tucson 5000
When: Sunday, May 12, 2013 @ 7:00AM
Where: Tucson, Arizona

Arizona Road Racer's Summer Series Race #1
When: Sunday, May 25, 2013 @ 7:00AM
Where: Phoenix, Arizona

Whiskey Row Marathon (10K)
When: Saturday, May 4, 2013
Where: Prescott, Arizona



TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run/Walk
When: Saturday June 1, 2013 @ 7:00PM
Where: Tucson, Arizona


Gaspin' in the Aspen Summer Woods Run
When: Saturday, June 15, 2013 @ 7:00AM
Where: Flagstaff, Arizona

Scottsdale Beat the Heat
When: Saturday, June 22, 2013 @ 2:45PM
Where: Scottsdale, Arizona

0 [ p r o p s ]:

Post a Comment